In the Footsteps of Great Masters, 2017
WHERE: Prague, Vienna, Salzburg and Munich, Europe
COST: From $2,890 AUD
A must do programme for classical music lovers.
We will be taking you on a journey to the world’s capitals of music, by tracing the footsteps of some of the famous composers who have lived and worked here: Ludwig van Beethoven, Johannes Brahms, Franz Liszt, Gustav Mahler, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Antonio Salieri, Joseph Haydn, Franz Schubert, Max Steiner, Johann Strauss senior and junior, Richard Strauss, Antonio Vivaldi, and more.
- Day 1: Arrival in Prague. Your tour assistant and bus driver will meet you at your booked accommodation. First orientation tour of Prague by bus. Dinner and night at accommodation in Prague.
- Day 2: This morning join a 3 hour sightseeing tour with licensed guide incl. admission to Hradschin Castle OR morning mass participation in one of the beautiful Prague churches. After lunch on your own, visit and admission to the Bertramka museum. Time at leisure for individual activities. Dinner at a typical Czech restaurant. Night at accommodation in Prague.
- Day 3: After breakfast, departure from Prague to Vienna. Stop in Cesky Krumlov and short walk in the old town with your tour assistant. Continue to Vienna. Upon arrival, check-into your booked accommodation. Dinner at accommodation or restaurant. Night in Vienna.
- Day 4: This morning, enjoy a 3 hours sightseeing tour with licensed guide in your requested language and visit some of the memorial places of W. A. Mozart. After lunch on your own, visit to the Vienna Mozart museums (admission included) - you will get an impression of living and work of W. A. Mozart in Vienna. Evening: concert organisation at an appropriate venue in Vienna or surrounding. Dinner at accommodation or restaurant. Night in Vienna.
- Day 5: Morning visit to Schönbrunn Palace (including tour with Audio Guides). Afternoon at leisure - don´t miss a visit to one of the typical Viennese Coffee houses with its many a sort of coffees and try a piece of one of the decadent Austrian cakes! Dinner with Austrian music entertainment at a typical local Heurigen. Night in Vienna.
- Day 6: After breakfast, departure from Vienna. You will drive along the river Danube through the Wachau, one of the most famous Austrian wine growing areas with its natural beauty. Stop for photo shoots. Continue through the lovely Lake District to St. Gilgen, where you will visit the birthplace of Mozarts mother – it was later also the living house of Mozarts sister Nannerl. Upon arrival in Salzburg, check-you’re your booked accommodation. Evening: concert organisation at an appropriate venue in Salzburg or surrounding. Dinner at accommodation. Night in Salzburg.
- Day 7: Join this mornings 3 hours walking tour of Salzburg with licensed guide in your requested language - incl. admission to Mozarts birthplace. Afternoon at leisure for individual activities. Evening: Palace Concert (incl. adm.) - you will listen to pieces of W. A. Mozart and other famous composers. Dinner at accommodation or restaurant. Night in Salzburg.
- Day 8: After breakfast, departure from Salzburg to Munich. Meet with a licensed guide and enjoy a 3 hours sightseeing tour following the trace of Mozart - including adm. to Nymphenburg Palace. Check-into your booked accommodation in Munich. Evening: Farewell dinner at the Munich Hofbräuhaus. Night in Munich.
- Day 9: departure transfer to the airport.
The event is suitable for young and old with a passion to learn more about the masters of classical music.
It will be led by our European partners. Did you know that if you wish to book for a group we can also create a tour around any composer according to your request?
If you wish to have a room to your self that can be arranged and single supplement applies.
When minimum number of 15 is reached event your booking will be confirmed.